8/18/26 - Don't Think Twice, It's Alright
It's not fun music. Not that I don't like that stuff, y'know. It's worthy music, worthy effort. It's just not what I want. I want something else.
The problem is that ideas are given to me by the air. I can't help but recieve it.
I just feel like we've done enough of that for now.
There's no way to express that without sounding like a snob, like a dickhead. But I don't care anymore. Kick, Snare, Kick, Snare, Oscillator, Sidechain, Groggy Voice. I love it too much. I want to be less affected by it.
I've been doing too many mental push-ups for that discipline that I don't like it anymore. The real stars of my generation can handle that world. They've got it good. They're the genuises we needed for that world. I mean that, really. I think, like Pinkpantheress or Underscores for example, they're genuises.
I guess I would like to try and know if we've got it in us to be about some other stuff.
I want to create a different kind of feeling. A different world, I guess.
I want to believe, anyways.
It's all vain. It's just vain stuff.
--------------
Music is saving my life right now. I was talking with Remas, she seems upset about everything, too. This is the first time in months she's ever expressed frustration or anger. A genocide survivor has every right to be froth with rage, but she's a paragon of patience anyways, y'know.
I think I'm maybe a selfish kind of artist, right? I don't like to collaborate. I don't like playing to the tastes of others. I'm a selfish DJ, too. I wanna play the whole song, and I wanna play the shit only I wanna hear. I don't care about playing the hits.
It's only natural I don't link up with the richer faces of nightlife, right? I can't be bothered. It's like pulling teeth to pretend. My fault, but I'm too prideful to change about it.
I almost forgot how much I liked Phoebe Bridgers. Been a minute since I put her on. I've been resisting the urge to play Thug for 8 hours a day like I was last year. I was reminded of the song I Just Might from Quan... way too fucking good.
That's what I'm talking about. It's way too good.
----------
That Steven Universe analog horror freaked me the fuck out stop posting that shit.
--------
I don't think I can handle changing sleep times/rescheduling bc it fucks with my mental health soooo bad. It's not even funny. Got me thinking I'm in kill world rn.
Comments
Post a Comment